The non-profit, Sunrise Children’s Foundation recently held their WIC (Women, Infant & Children) Health & Nutrition Fair with more than 130 attendees, 13 vendors and 3 mobile vehicles offering free Immunizations, Pregnancy Tests, Ultrasounds and HIV Testing (Photos courtesy of Sunrise Children’s Foundation).
The organization provides healthy educational classes for their families. June is National Fruits & Veggies Month and the class covers:
- Tips on getting kids to eat their fruits and veggies: Introduce meals in order of importance and don’t serve it all at the same time. (For example, first serve the veggie, the fruit then the main course.)
- Why Fruits & Veggies: What are apples good for? Vitamin A – Good for eyesight. This helps parents understand the importance and what effects eating fruits and veggies has.
- In Season Lists help families know when to purchase certain fruits and veggies. When they are in season they are high in vitamins and nutrients and more affordable as well.
SCF also has additional educational and free courses including:
- Nutrition for Newborns
- Feeding Your Baby (Birth to 6 months)
- Look Who’s Eating (Table Food)
- Complimentary Foods (Fruits & Veggies)
© 2018, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. All rights reserved. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com