From the Executive Director
What I love most about the important work we do at Sunrise Children’s Foundation is that we make a real, tangible difference in the lives of the families we serve. I am inspired by our families because they want better for their children. Parents seek out our services because they know the impact we can make on their lives and the lives of their children. Parents have shared that because of SCF Programs, they have been able to pursue activities leading to self-sufficiency, employment and education. They have described reduced concerns about hunger, dropping out of the school system and possible illegal behaviors with the negative outcomes to their families. We fill a crucial gap in this community and I am honored to lead an organization that is able to provide a lifeline to critical services like nutrition and education for families who deserve nothing less than the best for their children.
PARENTS CHOOSE US
Board of Directors
The Sunrise Children’s Foundation is honored to have such an accomplished and dedicated board. Our members are exemplary Las Vegas citizens who share our great passion for the health and education of children in our community.
Executive Board of Directors
Chairperson of the Board
Treasurer of the Board
Maximilien Fetaz, Esq.
Secretary of the Board
Lindsay Diamond, PhD
Board of Directors
Christopher J. Melton
Kaleo Curtis, CPA
Monica Plaxton-Garin, Esq.
Rayna Lanigan, CPA
Founding President & CEO
J. Parker Kurlinski, M.D.
Michael E. Minden
APPLY FOR YOUR CHILD FOR 2022 SCHOOL YEAR
View our programs for more information about enrollment requirements and instruction
We add value to relationships by building bonds, understanding, listening, apologizing for mistakes, accepting differences, being supportive and being intentional about two-way communication.
We use education and expertise to make better decisions. We help one another realize their importance to the organization.
We demonstrate unity in strong moral principles by providing information and services in a truthful way.
We can be counted on to do what we say we will do. We build trust by providing accurate information, following through on our commitments, being dependable, honest and ethical.
We believe in what we do by having passion, knowledge and acceptance of those we serve.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Barbara Lee and Bruce Woollen Foundation
- Bennett Family Foundation
- Trinity Life Center at City Impact
- Clark County School District Title I Homeless Outreach Program for Education (HOPE)
- East Valley Family Services
- Foundation for Positively Kids
- MGM Resorts Foundation
- Nevada Head Start Association
- Opportunity Village Job Discovery Program
- Southern Nevada Health Districts Nurse-Family Partnership
- Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority
- St. Jude’s Ranch
- United Way of Southern Nevada
- University of Nevada Cooperative Extension
- UNLV School of Dental Medicine
- Bank of Nevada
- America First Credit Union
- Semenza, Kircher, Rickard Attorneys at Law
- Venetian Resorts
- Sands Corporation
- The HILLS Preschool
- Prestigious Academy of Las Vegas
- Nevada Evidenced-Based Home Visiting
- Nevada Early Intervention Services
- Therapy Management Group
- Baby’s Bounty
- Acelero Learning Head Start
- Nevada Early Childhood Advisory Council
- City of Las Vegas Department of Youth Development and Social Innovation
- Foster Kinship
- HopeLink of Southern Nevada
- Nevada Early Childhood Mental Health & Childcare Consultation
- The Children’s Cabinet
- Nevada Department of Education Office of Early Learning and Development
- Nevada Partners Health Pillar
- Children’s Advocacy Alliance
- The Obodo Collective
- Puentes Las Vegas
- Nevada Association of Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
- Las Vegas Urban League
- La Virgen de Guadalupe Catholic Church Mesquite